How to read an ebook from OverDrive
- On a mobile device (your smartphone or tablet)
- Install the Sora app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or go to https://soraapp.com.
- In Sora, find your school (look for United Nations International School of Hanoi), then sign in.
- Browse the Explore tab and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books (including assignments). From there, you can:
- Click or tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
- Click or tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more
- On your computer
- Go to our Follett Destiny or Destiny Discover catalogue or directly to our OverDrive portal. Log in with your UNIS login.
- Search for the book you want.
- Click “Borrow.”
- “Go to Checkouts.”
- Click to begin reading in your browser. There is now also a mobile app for reading OverDrive books. Look for a link to open Sora on this screen, or download Sora on your phone or other device and search for the book from there.
How to save an eBook in your browser for offline reading:
Once the book opens, click anywhere on the screen to see the menu symbol. Click it.
Select Offline Access.
Select Start Download to download the book for offline reading.
Bookmark the page (for Chrome, click the ). You should be able to access the book through your browser even if offline.
OverDrive Help, https://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481524