Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
United Nations International School, Hanoi
Selecting a Book
The most important part of reading is to CHOOSE A BOOK YOU WANT TO READ!
- Select a genre that interests you.
- Maybe select a book by your favourite author.
- Maybe read a series.
Make sure the book you select is of high interest to you!
3. Scan the Text - Font Size and White Space
6. Chapter Titles (especially if it is a Non Fiction)
1. Look at the Cover and Title
Look at the COVER and TITLE.
Does it appeal to you?
Is it eye-catching?
Does it "look" exciting for your interests?
4. Look at the Illustrations
7. Do the Five Finger Rule
5. Check the Number of Pages