Chemistry Magic: Lab Equipment Research
Above is a list of scientific lab equipment, materials, and tools that we will use in our NEW CHEMISTRY UNIT. Each of these items has an interesting history of discovery & invention. Have a look at the items below, and choose one to research. YOU will become a resident expert on the topic!
How to get started…
1. Use the Research Table above to guide your research.
2. Make sure to use at least 2 different sources for your research (you can use websites, books, videos, etc….BUT no Wikipedia!). Cite all of your resources in the “Works Cited” section using “My Bib” MLA 8
3. When writing, try to summarize and describe information with as much detail as possible: give details, specifics, examples, and make connections!
4. Use at least 5 Scientific Terms in your writing. Highlight them, and provide a “KeyWord List” at the bottom of your page including terms & definitions.
5. Use the Criterion D rubric to help guide and check your work