Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
United Nations International School, Hanoi
Digital Magazines at UNIS
Most of our online magazines come from RBdigital.
A few are bought directly from the publisher, or from another vendor.
UNIS does NOT have an all-school subscription to The Economist digital edition. Anyone can register at the magazine's website and read five free articles per month. UNIS does have one full access subscription for the DP Economics teacher. Individual specific articles may be requested from him.
RBdigital Magazines (formerly Zinio)
1. Create a New Account in the UNIS RBdigital portal. You can use any email address you prefer - you don't need to use your school email.
2. You will be prompted for an access code. It is PhoenixVN. You may then be prompted for country: Vietnam and school United Nations International School, Hanoi.
3. Browse and Check Out a magazine using the button. Start reading.
4. To read on a mobile device, download the app from the appropriate app store.
5. Log in to your account. When prompted, key in your account details (created in step #1)
6. Magazines you have selected on your laptop/desktop will appear in your mobile version of RBdigital. Note that the apps are for reading only. Check out magazines from your laptop/desktop.
Other digital magazines at UNIS
"Since 1956, New Scientist magazine has been keeping readers up to date with the latest science and technology news from around the world....The magazine carries regular features, news and commentary on environmental issues and is an acknowledged source of evidenced information from the scientific community." (See librarian for login information to read articles in the weekly edition.) * * * *
The Mathematics Teacher and Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School
World Literature Today
The above three titles are available through the UNIS JSTOR subscription.
* * * *
Globally Informed is a journal created for international educators who positively impact teaching and learning.
* * * *
The Journal of Research in International Education is an international, peer-reviewed journal in international education for schools, examiners and higher education institutions throughout the world.
(See librarian for login information.)
To enjoy full access to NYTimes.com, create an account with your UNIS email address here.
To access on your mobile device(s), go to the appropriate app store to download the app:
* * * * * *
UNIS has ten accounts for The Wall Street Journal, normally used by humanities teachers. Check with a librarian for account information.
UNIS Magazine Subscriptions
On this page you can see all the magazine, journal, and newspaper subscriptions purchased by UNIS.